Kitchen is the place where meals are prepared and food items are stored. Thus, it plays a vital role in maintaining the health of the members of the family members as well as keeping them away from diseases. Here are a few ‘Do’s’ and ‘Don’ts’ to keep negative energies at bay from your kitchen.
- Do not have the main door of the kitchen placed in any corner. Make the arrangements such that the entrance falls in the east, north or the wall in the west.
- Never have a kitchen in the north-east direction as it heats up tensions and issues within the house and its family members.
- It is believed that if the cook faces south while preparing meals, the family is prone to financial losses. Hence, it’s best to avoid facing south while cooking.
- It is also unlucky to cook while facing west as it may cause severe health problems for the family members.
- It is considered that as bad luck for kitchens to have black-coloured flooring and walls.
- Placing the refrigerator in the South-East, South, West or North direction of the kitchen is highly recommended as it’s positioning in the South-West direction is known to cause disharmony.
- Along with being a vastu tip, it is one of the most basic hygiene measures to follow i.e. a kitchen must always be cleaned before going to sleep every night. It renders to maintaining the area clean and keeping infection-causing pests at bay.
- Offer something sacred to the Fire God the very first time you cook in a new kitchen. This ensures that peace and prosperity prevails in the kitchen.
- Avoid having any prayer rooms directly above your kitchen.
- Use yellow, orange, brown or red as floor and wall colors of kitchen.
Follow these steps and we assure you that the house will prosper and keep illnesses at bay.