Starting with make-up, we all know how blush brings out your natural beauty. It’s available in various shades and choosing the right one is the biggest challenge.
Also read: Nail Tutorial: How To Make Ombre Nails
Blush For Fair skin
While picking a shade for your stunning skin, always remember that ‘lighter is better’. Apply the colour to the apple of your cheeks and blend back toward the temple. For highlighting, choose a light champagne colour—whether in liquid or powder form—depending upon your comfort. Apply the highlighter right above where you placed the blush. This will add just the right amount of shimmer to the cheeks.
Also read: How To Take Good Care Of Your Skin
Blush For Medium skin
The best blushes for medium-toned skin are rosy pink and deep peach. Anything too dark will not look nice. For highlighting a medium-toned skin, the best shade is pale gold or warm gold. Avoid champagne colour or any light colour as it looks frosty. Remember, your cheeks should look as if they have a natural flush.
Blush For Dark skin
For dark skin, choose shades varying from rose to deep oranges. Choosing a light shade will make your skin appear washed out and pale. You want to enhance the natural beauty of your skin. For highlighting, gold looks stunning.
The right colour and proper application of blush can pep up your complexion instantly.
- You can use blush to contour your face by sweeping a darker colour, like terracotta or mocha just under your cheekbones.
- Apply a rosy pink to the apples of your cheeks and blend into the shadow. Apply a light shimmery pink, gold, or peach highlight shade at the highest point of your cheekbone.
- Blend it well with your finger or a small soft brush.
- For a glam night club look, add a little more highlight or face glitter.
- If you’re having a hard time finding the right shade of blush, create your own custom colour with what you already have.
- Practise on your cheeks or the back of your hand until you get the desired shade. If the colour is too bright or too dark, you can just blend in some face powder to soften the look.