Counting calories while eating? Well, a little bit of cheating will not do that much harm. Try the following easy to do recipes at home and indulge yourself.
100 g almonds, powdered; 100 g cashews, powdered; 100 g pistachios, powdered; 5 g cardamom powder; 50 g sugar; 235 g gulkand; 1 kg mawa; 150 g rose syrup; 1 ml rose essence; 45 g rose petals
- Mix the almond, cashew, pistachio and cardamom powders along with sugar and gulkand to prepare the filling.
- In another vessel, mix mawa, rose syrup and rose essence to prepare the outer covering.
- Make small portions of this mixture and stuff it with a small portion of the filling.
- Coat it with rose petals and serve.
7 lt milk, 600 g sugar, 200 g ghee, 1 g cardamom powder, 250 ml water, 5 g thinly sliced almonds for garnish
- Heat milk in a vessel. Add sugar, and mix well. Keep stirring.
- Add ghee to the mixture, and let it cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add into the mixture cardamom powder and water, and cook for five more minutes till the mixture is slightly dry.
- Place the mixture in a dish, and leave it open to cool.
- When it cools, decorate with almonds.
- Cut the mixture with a round mould and serve.
100 g masala cashews, 50 g almonds, 50 g pistachios, 40 ml orange syrup, 100 g mixed jelly, 50 g kaju kunda, 100 g orange jelly, 20 pieces of silver warq, 50 g green pistachio dust, 25 g chocolate chips
- Powder the masala cashews, almonds and pistachios and mix in the orange syrup and mixed jelly.
- Add a little kaju kunda to it and mix well. Divide the mixture into balls of 8 g each.
- Take the remaining kaju kunda and cut it into balls of 8 g each.
- Fill the mixture, as prepared above, into these balls by gently pressing it into them.
- Press the balls to make flat patties, cover with silver warq and decorate with an orange jelly-flower on top.
- Garnish with green pistachio dust and chocolate chips. Serve.