For the koftas
- 4-5 potatoes, medium-sized
- 100 g cottage cheese (paneer)
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 2-3 tsp almond, chopped
- ½ tsp saffron strands
- oil for deep-frying
- salt and pepper to taste
Also Read: South Indian Cuisine: Rasam Vada Recipe
For the gravy
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- 3 onions, medium-sized
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp ginger paste
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
Products from Amazon.in
Amazon Brand - Solimo 24 Piece Stainless Steel Cutlery Set, Stripes (Contains: 6 Table Spoons, 6 Tea Spoons, 6 Forks, 6 Dessert Spoons), SilverPrice: INR 649.00Was: INR 1,000.00
Price: INR 1,050.00
Price: INR 439.00Was: INR 449.00
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- 3 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
Also Read: 3 Veg Soup Recipes For Winter
- To prepare the koftas, first wash and boil the potatoes. Don’t overcook them. After they’re boiled, peel and grate them.
- In the meanwhile, grate the paneer and keep aside.
- Add salt and cornstarch to the grated potatoes and make 15-16 balls. Keep the potato balls aside.
- Now add the chopped almonds and saffron to the grated paneer. Add salt and pepper to it and make 15-16 balls of this mixture too.
- Stuff the paneer balls into the potato balls and cover it well.
- Roll these balls in some cornstarch and deep-fry the koftas on medium-high heat till they turn golden in colour.
- To prepare the gravy, soak the cashew nuts in warm milk for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and sauté till it turns translucent. Add garlic, ginger paste, green chillies and tomatoes and cook.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool. Add the soaked cashew nuts to this mixture and grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add the onion-cashew paste to it and cook till the water evaporates.
- Add all the dry spices and cook for 5-6 minutes. Then add a little water and bring it to a boil.
- Allow it to simmer for 5-6 minutes on low heat before taking it off the heat. Stir in the fresh cream and garam masala.
- Now arrange the koftas on a dish and pour the gravy on it. Garnish with fresh cream and coriander leaves and serve.
Also Read: Rice Corner: Veg Soya Biryani Recipe