For the rasam
- ¼ cup toor dal
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 7-8 curry leaves
Products from Amazon.in
Pigeon By Stovekraft Favourite Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker with Outer Lid, 3 Litres (Silver)Price: INR 649.00Was: INR 995.00
Price: INR 1,080.00Was: INR 1,350.00
Price: INR 599.00Was: INR 875.00
Price: INR 2,195.00Was: INR 2,390.00
Pigeon By Stovekraft Favourite Induction Base Aluminum Pressure Cooker with Outer Lid, 5 Litres, SilverPrice: INR 1,295.00Was: INR 1,345.00
Price: INR 1,269.00Was: INR 1,335.00
Price: INR 890.00Was: INR 1,225.00
Price: INR 1,412.00Was: INR 1,850.00
Price: INR 916.00Was: INR 1,145.00
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp rasam powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp tamarind pulp
- 2 tsp oil
Also Read: 3 Veg Soup Recipes For Winter
For the vadas
- 1 cup urad dal
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- salt to taste
Also Read: Rice Corner: Veg Soya Biryani Recipe
- To prepare the rasam, pressure-cook the dal along with one cup of water.
- Mash the dal and add two cups of water. Boil and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chilli, curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- Sauté and add the tomatoes and cook till they become tender.
- Now drain the water from the dal and add this water to the tomatoes. Keep the thick boiled dal aside.
- Add the rasam powder, chilli powder, tamarind pulp and salt to it and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer it in a bowl.
- To prepare the vadas, soak the urad dal for 4-6 hours.
- Grind the dal with chillies and ginger paste with minimum water to make a fine paste.
- Add salt and beat well with a spatula.
- Heat oil in a pan, place a lemon-sized portion of the dal batter in your palm, make a hole in the centre with your finger and slide it in hot oil till it turns red and crisp.
- Deep-fry the vadas one by one and keep them aside.
- Take a little water in a vessel and add the vadas to it. Slightly squeeze the vadas to remove the water.
- Serve them in a bowl full of hot rasam.
Also Read: Tea Time Snacks: Spicy Creamy Puri Recipe