Everybody loves pizza, it’s a known fact! But, it can be quite unhealthy and lead to health problems if you keep ordering from outside. Make it in the comfort of your own home with a handful of ingredients and a thinner base!
Also read: Snack Favourite: Crispy French Fries
- 4 thin crust pizza bases
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 to 12 basil leaves, torn into pieces
For pizza sauce
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Also read: Popular Street Snack: Paneer Chilli Samosa
For the pizza sauce
- Make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them. Blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the pizza sauce into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
Cooking the pizza
- Place 2 pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the pizza sauce evenly over each pizza base.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly over each pizza and finally pour ½ tbsp of olive oil evenly over it.
- Place both the pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned and the cheese melts.
- Arrange the basil evenly on top of each pizza base, cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
Also read: 4 Unique Ways To Eat Pani Puri