Well-manicured, pretty hands often draws attention to a woman’s graceful side. Your nails say a lot about you – and your grooming skills. Men tend to judge how well you take care of your personal hygiene on the basis of your nails. However, there’s no reason to stick to boring manicures. Move over French, let’s add some jazz to our fingers. Maintaining your nails is honestly the best accessory since you just need to do them only about, once a week. For pretty ombre nails, follow the tutorial below – its easier than it seems.
Requirements: 3-4 nail polish colours (dark to light in the same tonal family), a clear top coat, a triangle makeup sponge, cup of water, a piece of paper, q tip and nail polish remover.
- Take off the lids of your nail colours so they’re ready to go. You can turn off the fan meanwhile to stop them from drying out.
- Soak your triangle sponge in a small bowl or cup of water. Squeeze out leaving it only slightly damp. This will keep the polish from soaking up too quickly.
- Start with applying the darkest colour toward the edge of your sponge. Coat each colour twice.
- Dab your sponge on a piece of paper and you’ll see the colors together but not quite blended. Blob it in the same spot a few times and the hues will begin to blend in.
- Now repeat the same thing on your nails!
- Re-apply a line of each polish color to the sponge for every nail.
- At this stage, your nails look pretty but hands look like a mess! Using a q tip and nail polish remover, clean up the spill.
- Apply a top coat once the ombre has dried.