Kerala cuisine is known for its fish curries, but they also taste equally as good with chicken! Try this easy recipe and enjoy it with roti or rice.
- 1 kg chicken (boneless)
- 1 large piece of ginger
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into slices
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- 4 green chillies
- 8 kashmiri chillies
- 2 green cardamom pods
- A pinch nutmeg powder
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 1 tbsp couscous
- 1 nutmeg
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Also read: How To Make Delicious Doodhi Ka Halwa
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, wash, apply salt and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Grind ginger, garlic, green coriander and turmeric powder in a mixer and make a paste.
- Put the chicken in this paste and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsps of oil in a pan, add onion and fry until golden. Mix coconut for 2-3 minutes. After cooling, grind it into the mixer.
- Heat oil in another pan and put green chillies on one side.
- In this pan, fry green cardamom, cinnamon, fennel, couscous, nutmeg and sauté with coriander.
- Take out the chopped green chilies, mix all the fried spices with coconut mixture and make a thin paste.
- Now heat the ghee in a pan, add onion and fry until golden.
- Add chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes on high flame.
- Add the above paste and fry for 5 minutes.
- Mix the water as needed and cook until the chicken is soft on low flame. Serve garnish with green coriander.
Also read: Main Course: Moong Masoor Daal