Aloo Chaat is a very popular street food snack that is served in North India and is known for its lovely tanginess. If you don’t have the time to enjoy one plate in the streets of Delhi, you can always make it in your kitchen! Here is how.
Also read: Comfort Food: Egg Curry
- 2 medium potatoes (boiled, peeled and cubed)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green chilly
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 4 Tbsp fresh tamarind chutney
- 2 Tbsp hot mint chutney
- 1 lime
- 1 spring onion
- A pinch of chaat masala
- Salt to taste
Also read: Eid Special: Make The Best Dum Biryani
- Deep fry the boiled potatoes until golden and crisp, drain excess oil on absorbent kitchen paper and put them into a bowl.
- Add the chopped onion, green chilly and coriander leaves. Then add the tamarind and mint chutney.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, add the chaat masala, spring onion and season with salt.
- Mix everything together nicely to combine.
- Serve hot or warm in small bowls.
Also read: Evening Snacks: Instant Bhel Puri Recipe