You do not have to buy snacks from the market this Diwali. Readymade snacks available in the market are mostly adulterated and not good for health. Considering both health and flavour, try this easy Chivda recipe at home this Diwali. Stay healthy and here’s wishing you a Happy Diwali!
1 cup nylon chivda
2 tbsp dry coconut
2 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp green chillies, chopped
1/8 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
1 tbsp khus khus
1 tsp citric acid
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup fried peanuts
salt to taste
oil for deep-frying
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the nylon chivda until crisp. Drain the excess oil on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- In the same oil, deep-fry the dry coconut and raisins and again drain the excess oil. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai and fry the green chillies until crisp.
- Add the asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and sauté well.
- Mix in the salt, khus-khus, citric acid and turmeric powder and sauté.
- Now add the fried chivda, peanuts, fried coconut, raisins and sugar.
- Remove from heat and mix well. Let it cool and store in an airtight jar.