In the days of fasting, you do want to eat interesting food that isn’t just sabudana. Make this easy bottle gourd pudding, also known as the popular lauki ka halwa. Sweet in taste and easy to make, everybody enjoys eating it so don’t hesitate to make it!
- 250g bottle gourd (lauki)
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 90g sugar
- 250ml milk
- 50g mawa
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp roasted almonds
- Handful of cashew nuts
- Grate the bottle gourd and place in a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add the bottle gourd and keep stirring constantly till it isn’t watery.
- Add milk and keep stirring until it becomes pasty.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and mawa and fry for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add roasted almonds and cashew nuts on top and take off the gas. Serve hot.
Also read: Fasting Treat: Apple Kheer Recipe