This dal is great to eat with rice and is very easy to make so keep your diet on track with this extremely simple dal!
Also Read: How To Make Delicious Doodhi Ka Halwa
- 1/2 cup moong daal (mung beans)
- 1/2 cup masoor dal (red lentils)
- 1:1 tsp of ginger and garlic crushed in a paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 curry leaves
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Some coriander (chopped)
- 2-3 tsp of lemon juice
- 3 tsp ghee
- Mix the water and both pulses as needed in the cooker and cook till 1 whistle.
- Heat ghee in a separate pan and simmer the mustard seeds, cumin and asafoetida.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chili paste, curry leaves and turmeric powder and fry it.
- Add cooked lentils, salt and water as needed and cook until it thickens.
- Mix lemon juice and remove it from the gas.
- Finish with coriander and serve hot with rice.