Goan Prawn Curry is a sour and spicy curry that comes from Goa and is also called Ambot Tik. Serve this with steamed rice and you have a truly satisfying meal!
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 99.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 179.00Was: INR 319.00
Price: INR 130.00
Price: Out of stock
- 100 g prawns (Season with salt and turmeric powder and pan fry. Keep it aside)
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 50 g fresh coconut scraped
- 1 cup stock
- A handful of coriander leaves
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp chicken seasoning
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- A pinch of tamarind powder
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
Also read: 3 Tempting Mango Treats To Try This Season
For the Paste:
- 2-3 tsp coriander seeds, roasted
- 1-2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- Kashmiri chillies (whole 6-7 deseeded and soaked)
- Onion- 1/2
- Cinnamon, 1 inch piece
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- 1 clove
- Grind all the ingredients for a paste into a smooth texture by adding water as required.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel and fry the onions to a golden colour.
- Fry the paste till the raw aroma disappears and add the tomato puree.
- Next, add the coconut milk and add the stock.
- Season with salt and seasoning. Let it simmer without covering.
- Lastly add tamarind juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Add the prawns to the curry and serve with rice.