Look glamorous at work as well as for the party that you have to attend later in the evening, both by flaunting the same make-up! The immediate question that would arise in your mind is how to avoid looking over-done at office or too subdued at the party. Well, it’s absolutely possible, all one has to do is follow these quick and achievable make-up steps to look like a diva.
Things you need:
- Smokey-eye palette
- Kohl pencil
Prep your skin:
Cleansing and moisturizing your skin for the entire day is an indispensable step. This keeps your skin hydrated and provides you with a smoother base for better coverage. The L’Oréal hydrafresh anti-shine icy gel is a moisturizer that works well on oily or combination skin as it is a mattifying product. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream is recommended for dry skin.
Foundation and setting powder:
Apply a full-coverage foundation to even out your skin tone and hide blemishes or pigmentation. The Chambor Enriched Revitalizing Make-up foundation is a product that has been recommended by a lot of eminent make-up gurus. It efficiently manages to strike a perfect balance between providing full-coverage and making the skin look radiant. Set your make-up with a light-weight compact powder. The Maybelline super-fresh compact has been doing the rounds in the market of late.
Smoke it up:
While acquiring a perfectly done smokey-eye may come across as a daunting task, it is in-fact the mere dearth of confidence that hinders people from giving it a shot. May it be a classic dark-black smokey-eye or the one that incorporates a scintillating gold, the base required is the same for all.
1. Fill in your crease with a minimum of two layers of an earthy brown eye-shadow.
2. Create a horizontal ‘V’ with a darker brown towards the outer corners of your eyes.
3. Darken the ‘V’ by brushing over it with a black eye-shadow and blend it well to avoid the visibility of harsh lines.
4. Once the eye-contour is set, a light golden eye-shadow can be added to the lids and to the inner corners of the eye. Voila! There you have it. A mesmerizing smokey-eye look. This sheer transition from a dark black to a shiny golden effortlessly reflects an elegant look suitable for office when paired with a nude brown lipstick as well as a party, when paired with a bolder lip colour. The NYX smokey-eye palette is an affordable as well as cost-effective product which can be used to attain this look.
5. Apply a generous coat of mascara on your upper as well as lower lashes. Draw a winged liner with a kajal pencil. Lastly, line your water line with the same kohl-kajal pencil. Maybelline’s lash sensational mascara and colossal kajal pencil are fail-safe options which can be used to amp up the look of your eyes.
Also Read: Navratri Special: Mehendi Design Ideas
Get them rosy cheeks:
Give your cheeks a flush of colour by applying a blush. With the focus being on the eyes, keep the colour muted, such as a light pink. The Faces Glam-on powder blush range offers a variety of shades to choose from. The light speckles of shimmer give your cheeks a healthy glow.
This morning to evening look hinges onto the use of lipsticks. During work hours, opt for a nude shade like Toffee Nexus from the Lakme 9 to 5 range.For evening, you can completely transform your look with a classic red lipstick. MAC’s Ruby Woo is known to suit Indian women well. It will surely make heads turn and give you the perfect pout for selfies.
Easy, wasn’t it? Go grab your make-up brushes already! You are just a few steps away from acing the art of being an all-rounder at makeup!