Gone are those days when you had to visit your branch and stand in long queues for all your banking needs. With the advent of superior technology, it is now possible to carry your bank along with you. But you have to be extra careful while using it as negligence on your part can call for an unwanted situation.
- Ensure that you only install your bank’s official mobile banking app and not a duplicate or a fraudulent one. When in doubt, check with your bank.
- Do not disclose your login details to anyone.
- Avoid writing down your secret PIN details or storing on your phone. Simply memorize it. After all, your brain is the best storage available!
- Change your PIN regularly. Do not use easy-to-guess numbers such as your birth-date or anniversary date as your PIN.
- Beware of any third-party software seeking any personal information.
- Always use a safe and secure internet connection on your smartphone to access your financial information.
- Remember to log out of your active banking session by clicking on the Logout button.
- Install only licensed anti-virus software on your smart phone and update it regularly.
- Inform your bank of changes in your mobile number to ensure that the SMS-linked notifications or alerts are not sent to someone else.
- In case your mobile is lost or stolen, call the bank’s customer care number immediately and get your mobile banking app deactivated in that device.
Also Read: Too Much Work? Here’s How To Handle It!