The clouds have generously been pouring down on us. It’s that time of the year when one craves for onion pakodas and cutting chai. Instead, how about experimenting with a healthier alternative to the popular pakodas? Veg soya kebabs are the perfect treat for the monsoons as they are not only healthy but extremely delectable as well. Go ahead and prepare this delicious dish which is exceptionally easy to make!
- 1 cup soy granules (soaked in hot water and water squeezed)
- 1 tsp oil
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 5-6 finely chopped green chillies
Also Read: Winter Special: Tomato Barley Soup
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 grated carrot
- 7-8 chopped French beans
- Half cup green peas
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 1 boiled potato
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seed powder
- Salt to taste
- Half cup semolina
- Oil to fry
Also Read: Dinner Special: Dal Nawabi Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, green chilies, ginger paste and onions and fry until golden.
- Add carrots, french beans, green peas and cook until the vegetables are soft. Cover the pan with a lid and let the vegetables simmer on low heat.
- Mix gram flour with the vegetables to soak up the water.
- Remove from flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Mix boiled potatoes, soy granules, green coriander, cumin powder and salt to make the cutlets.
- Wrap these cutlets in semolina and heat them with hot oil.
- Serve hot with fried vegetables and ketchup.