If you’re on a diet, you can try these healthy Rajma Kebabs that are super tasty and can be served to guests as well! They also make a great evening snack that goes well with a cup of chai. Go on and try it now!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Asafoetida or heeng, a pinch
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 4-5 badi elaichi dana (Black cardamom seeds)
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped finely
- 1 medium sized onion, grated
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2-3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 green chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp whipped yogurt
- 2 cups rajma or red kidney beans, boiled and mashed thoroughly
- 6-7 tbsp breadcrumbs
Also read: Healthy Snack: Corn Chips
- In a pan add 2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of heeng. Once the oil heats, add zeera and elaichi dana. Let it flutter.
- Add garlic and ginger paste. Once it browns a little, add onions and saute till golden brown. In case the onions start to burn add a little water.
- Add the tomato puree, ketchup, chilli powder, garam masala, green chillies and salt.
- Once the masala starts to leave sides add whipped yogurt, coriander and the rajma. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir continuously till the masala leaves the pan from all sides. Let the masala cool for a while.
- Once cooled, add 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs to it. Make elongated kebabs from the mixture.
- Roll the kebabs in breadcrumbs to form a crusty casing. Keep them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- On a non stick pan add ghee/ olive oil and place the kebabs. Pan fry them from all sides till the breadcrumbs obtain a brown color.
- Serve hot with hari chutney.