A continuous tugging and stretching of skin will lead to stretch marks – let that be the ones on tummy because of pregnancy and/or because of reducing a good amount of belly-fat or the ones on your limbs and butt because of reducing a great deal. They really become a bothersome issue when you think about wearing your favourite sleeveless tee or a nice crop top. Worry not. Here are simple exercises and tips to help get rid of them.
Normal Leg Lifts + Side-Ways Leg Lifts
What it do — It helps in getting rid of stretch marks on thighs and butt.
- Lie on your back, legs straight and together. Keep your hands beside your torso, palms placed downwards on the floor.
- Slowly, by pressing your forearms and palms on the ground, raise your legs upwards. Make sure you do not lift any other part of your body.
- Slowly lower your legs back down till they’re just above the floor. Hold for a moment. Breathe evenly.
- Raise your legs back up. Repeat.
Also read: 5 Exercises To Strengthen And Tone Your Arms
What it do — It helps in getting rid of stretch marks on stomach and lower back.
- Lie on your back, bring your knees upwards. Place your feet, hip-width apart, flat on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head for support. Do not lace your fingers with each other. Keep your elbows at ease.
- Gently pull your abdominals inward. Make sure the pressure is mostly on your stomach muscles/abs only.
- Curl up and forward so that your head, neck, and shoulder blades lift off the floor.
- Hold for a moment at the top of the movement and then lower slowly back down.
- Repeat this 10 times to make one rep. Do 10-15 of such reps.
What it do — It helps in getting rid of stretch marks on thighs, butt and stomach.
- Stand upright with your feet apart at your shoulders’ length. Face forward.
- Extend your hands straight out in front of you to help keep your balance.
- Sit back and down like you’re sitting into an imaginary chair. Keep your head facing forward as your upper body bends forward a bit. Make sure you do not curve your back and lean forward on your knees.
- Lower down so your thighs so that they are parallel to the floor, with your knees over your ankles.
- Keep your body tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position. Do not hold your breath through the process; breathe deeply and consciously.
Also read: 5 Amazing Benefits Of Squats
What it do — It helps in getting rid of stretch marks on arms, shoulders and wings (if any).
- Take two dumbbells of 1 kg each in either hands. In a straight standing position, lift your arms sideways so that your shoulder and elbow align and are parallel to the floor. Your hands (and dumbbells) should be near your shoulders.
- Raise both arms together in a straight upwards direction so that your shoulders, elbows and wrists align in one single line and are perpendicular to the floor. Hold this for 5 seconds.
- Slowly, while exhaling, lower your elbows and let your hands rest near your shoulders.
- Repeat this 10 times to make 1 rep. Do 3 reps like this in one workout session.
List Of Must-Do Cardio Exercises
Here is a list of exercises that you must do. These exercises can be considered as full-body workout. They regulate blood circulation in the best way and help get rid of not only stretch marks but also cellulites.
- Brisk Walking
Health Tip: Drink ample of water and other fluids, and keep yourself hydrated. This makes the workouts to be more effective. Also the process of wear and tear of the skin (the new as well as the old skin cells) becomes easier, smoother – thinning the chances of new stretch marks to develop.
Also read: 5 Exercises To Tackle The Lower Back Pain