Ganesh Chaturthi is here and our favourite, Lord Ganesha will be visiting our homes in spirit and blessing us. To please Him, all households keep his beloved dessert, that is, modaks well stocked. It’s time to get in His good books! Here’s an easy recipe.
Also Read: How To Make Mouth-Watering Matar Ki Puri
- 2 cup coconut and 3/4 bowl jaggery (both grated)
- 3 bowls rice flour
- One and a half cups of cardamom powder
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 tsp oil
Also Read: How To Make Irresistible Green Peas Samosas
- Put coconut and jaggery in the pan for the stuffing and cook on a low flame.
- When the mixture dries out, remove from the flame.
- Add cardamom powder. Ensure that the mixture is not too dry.
- Boil 3 bowls of water in a pan.
- Add half a tsp oil, a little salt, and rice flour and run for 2 minutes.
- Then knead the dough with a little oil on the plate or plastic bag, so that the knots can not be formed.
- Take oil or water on the palm and make it full of rice flour.
- Fill the coconut mixture and add the shape of the batter.
- Make a modak by having a wet cloth on the sieve by making 7-8 modes.
- Cook in steam for 10-15 minutes. Serve with ghee.
Also Read: How To Make Mouth-Watering Mysore Pak