Pommes Gratin combines two of the greatest foods in the world- potatoes and cheese! Super simple to make, this will keep you full for hours and satisfy your hunger.
Also read: Easy Recipe: Corn-Potato Fritters
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 5 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
Also read: Snack Favourite: Crispy French Fries
- In a pan add 2 tsp butter with 1 cup cream.
- Add thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let the cream reduce a little.
- Add the sliced potatoes and 3 tbsp cheese. Let the cream reduce further. Keep reducing till it becomes thick and coats the potatoes completely.
- Transfer the creamy potatoes in a greased baking dish. Top with the rest of the cheese and butter.
- Bake till the cheese melts and is golden brown.
- Let it cool a bit and then serve.
Also read: Fasting Recipe: Sago-Potato Balls