This crispy snack makes an excellent companion to your hot cup of tea, especially in this season. This Maharashtrian dish can make your mouth water just by the sight and aroma of it. Its light and crunchy texture makes it an ideal appetizer. Learn how to make delicious sabudana vadas by following this easy recipe.
- 1 cup sabudana (tapioca pearls)
- 4 potatoes
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- A few coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 3 tsp buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup groundnuts
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Also read: How To Make Mouth-Watering Chinese Kachoris
- Soak sabudana in water for 5 hours at least. However it is the best to soak them overnight and use in the morning when they have become soft. Drain all the water from the soaked sabudana using a sieve.
- Boil the potatoes. Peel and then mash them. Mix the mashed potato and sabudana together.
- On a skillet or a shallow pan, roast the groundnuts till they get slightly crisp. Allow them to cool and then coarsely powder in a grinder.
- Add peanuts, salt, sugar, ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix the entire mixture well.
- Shape them like a flat round vada or pattie. Deep-fry the sabudana vadas till golden brown.
- Serve with green chutney or sweet curd.
Also Read: How To Make Scrumptious Cheese Corn Tikkis