If you’re running late, you can always pack these and eat it on your way to school or work! Here is an easy omelette recipe that comes in a friendly muffin shape.
Also read: 4pm Snack: Chicken Tikka Calzone
- 9 eggs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 1/2 cups diced bell pepper red, green, or yellow
- 2 cups baby spinach optional
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Also read: Easy Food Ideas: Pasta Sandwich Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and heat the olive oil.
- Add the diced onions and diced bell pepper.
- Wait to add the spinach, if using.
- Sauté the mixture for 10 minutes, until the veggies “sweat”.
- If using baby spinach, add the spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring until the spinach is wilted.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Whisk in the cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the veggie mixture into each muffin cup. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the eggs are firm and the tops spring back when touched.
Also read: Yummy Snacks Recipe: Spinach Cheese Toast