This creamy coffee and custard cake originated from Italy and will melt in your mouth with every spoon. Make this easy recipe for your beloved’s birthday or to satisfy a sugar rush. The coffee flavor beautifully breaks the sweetness balancing the taste making it extremely palatable.
Also Read: How To Make Tasty Coconut Chicken Curry
- 250 grams fresh cream (whipped)
- 100 grams mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon gelatin (mix in 3 tbsp’s of water)
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee (mixed in 5 ml. of water)
- 30 ml. coffee syrup
- Chocolate sponge cake
Also Read: Main Course: Moong Masoor Daal
- Boil coffee powder, water, sugars and milk together to make the coffee syrup. Leave it to cool.
- Put the soaked gelatin on a low flame.
- Mix whipped cream, mascarpone cheese and coffee syrup in a bowl.
- Add gelatin to this mixture.
- Put a cake slice in a baking tin. Then spread a little cream with a second slice of cake.
- Alternately keep layering cake slices and cream mixture.
- After making 3-4 layers, spread the remaining cream over the whole slice.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top for decoration.
- Put it inside the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to set.