On the auspicious occasion of Diwali, you do not have to buy sweets from the market anymore. Readymade sweets available in the market are mostly adulterated and not good for health. Considering both health and flavour, try this easy Gujiya recipe at home this Diwali. Stay healthy and here’s wishing you a Happy Diwali!
500 g refined flour
6 tbsp clarified butter
1 tin condensed milk
1 pinch cardamom powder
3 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp chironji
100 ml warm water
refined oil for deep-frying
- Combine the refined flour with the clarified butter. Rub lightly using fingers.
- Add warm water and make a smooth dough. Cover with a wet cloth and set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, reduce the condensed milk on low heat.
- Mix in the cardamom powder, raisins and chironji. Once done, allow the mixture to cool. Then divide the mixture into 20 equal parts.
- Knead the above dough for two minutes. Divide the dough into 20 equal-sized balls.
- Roll each ball into a disc of 4” diameter. Place one part of the stuffing mixture in the middle of the disc and wet the edges with a little water.
- Fold over the disc to a half circle and press the sides firmly.
- Press the sides with a fork to make design impressions or twist with your thumb and forefinger to make a rope-like pattern.
- Prepare more such discs in a similar manner.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry the gujjiyas to a golden pink.
- Remove from oil and allow them to cool. Set aside. The gujjias are ready.
-Recipe by Cookery Expert Ananya Banerjee
Also Read: How To Make Delicious Corn Salad