Diwali is here and soon your table will be filled with sweets and namkeen made especially for the festival. While we love gorging on all these mithaayis, but the extra pounds that we gain during Diwali make us worry. This Diwali you don’t have to worry as we have an easy solution for it. Make this healthy Multi-grain Chakli this Diwali and eat without worries! Happy Diwali everyone!
3 cups processed rice flour
1 tbsp roasted gram flour
½ cup of multigrain flour (nachni, bajra, moong, soya all mixed)
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1½ tsp salt
oil for deep-frying
Also Read: How To Make Delicious Corn Salad
- Mix the rice flour, gram flour and multigrain flour together and sieve.
- Add salt, cumin seeds and melted butter to the flour and mix well.
- Add water and prepare the thick dough.
- Place bits of the dough into the star disc mould and fix it in a greased chakli maker.
- Press the machine slowly in circular motions to form spirals on a greased plastic sheet.
- Slide the chaklis gently into hot oil and fry over medium-high heat until the bubbles vanish in the oil and the chaklis turn golden brown.
- Drain in a colander to remove the excess oil.
- Prepare more chaklis with the remaining dough.
- You can store the chaklis in an air-tight container at room temperature.