Have guests coming over for dinner and tired to cook? Well, this dal nawabi will surely be your savior for the night. Extremely easy to cook and tasty to eat along with rotis and rice too, this dish is as royal as its name. Here is its recipe.
- 1 cup mix dal
- onions and tomatoes (both finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- tsp ghee
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 drops of lemon juice
(For the spice paste)
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom
- 1 piece of cinnamon
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 piece of mace
Fry all the ingredients and keep aside to cool. Once cool, mix in the grinder.
(For the tadka)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 whole red chillies
(For dal and tadka)
- Heat ghee in the cooker, add ginger-garlic paste and onions and fry until golden.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and fry for ten minutes.
- Add powdered powdered masala, lentils and water as needed. cook till 2-3 whistles.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 2,899.00Was: INR 3,195.00
Mitti Magic'S-Steaming Pot (3.5 LTR) : Earthen Handmade & Unglazed Cooking & Steaming Pot,(Size : 3.5 Ltrs) - [ ]Price: INR 1,730.00Was: INR 1,850.00
Price: INR 1,412.00Was: INR 1,850.00
- Add lemon juice and keep it covered for 1-2 minutes.
- Heat oil in the pan and simmer cumin and red chili powder.
- Pour this tadka into pulses and serve hot.
Wasn’t it absolutely fun to cook this dish? We can assure you that every guest at your party will savour every morsel of rice or roti along with the dal nawabi that you make!