Enjoy this yummy dish at the comfort of your home!
1 cup urad dal
3 cups corn kernels, boiled
½ cup corn flour
3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp black pepper, whole
4-5 tbsp yoghurt, well beaten
black salt powder to taste
red chilli powder to taste
chaat masala to taste
olive oil for frying
salt to taste
- Soak the urad dal overnight. Grind it to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Coarsely grind the corn kernels and keep aside.
- Now mix together the urad dal paste, corn paste and salt and fold in the corn flour. Stir well to form a paste of medium consistency.
- Mix in the green chillies and black pepper. Make medium-sized balls of the paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry these balls to prepare corn bhallas.
- Once fried, add the bhallas in cold water and leave them for a while.
- Squeeze out the extra water from the bhallas and keep aside.
- Mix yoghurt with a little water and salt. Beat it well to get an even consistency.
- Drop the bhallas in the yoghurt mixture and leave for two hours.
- While serving, sprinkle black salt, chaat masala and red chilli powder on top.
Also Read: Healthy Recipes: Fresh Soya Salad