With the winter approaching, your manes can become lifeless and dry. You can even suffer from dandruff, itchy scalp and hair loss. However, oiling your hair can result in treatment and repair of your tresses in no time. But it’s important to do it right to make the most of this magic potion. Follow these steps for gorgeous hair!
1. Comb-dry hair with a wide-toothed comb to remove any tangles and knots. Now, apply lukewarm oil all over your scalp with your fingertips. You may also use cotton balls to apply oil.
2. Make smaller sections of your hair to reach and coat every part of the scalp, including the areas above the nape of the neck and behind the ears. This will make it easier to apply the base oil to the shafts of your hair.
3. Gently massage your scalp for 10-15 minutes to stimulate and promote hair growth and improve blood circulation. You can devote more time to massaging for effective results. Avoid using nails as they may cause harm to the roots and lead to hair breakage.
Also Read: Makeup Tips: How To Flaunt A Dark Lipstick
4. Post-oiling, wrap a warm towel around your hair for 10 minutes to promote absorption of oil into the scalp and strengthening of roots. Avoid using a very hot towel as it may cause harm to the hair shafts.
5. Retain the oil in your hair for at least 30 minutes, so that it can set deeply into the hair and scalp. Applying oil at least once or twice a week is important for growth of hair.
“Coconut oil penetrates into the hair and scalp effectively and nourishes it from within,” says hair specialist Dr Aparna Santhanam. “Oil your hair and scalp once or twice a week for optimum results. Ensure that you cover all your strands and leave the oil in for at least 30-45 minutes. The longer you leave it in, more the benefits on the scalp.”
Also Read: 5 Beauty Benefits Of Moringa Oil
Shopping for skin care products can be harrowing when you don't know what you're looking for. Many companies can make…