Recipe Courtesy – Del Monte
Total Time: 60 mins
Also read: Party Snacks: Veg Corn Lollipop Recipe
- Eggs, 4 (large, at room temperature)
- Egg yolk, 1 (at room temperature)
- All-purpose flour, 1/3 cup
- Corn flour, 3 tbsp
- Granulated white sugar, 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract, 1 Tsp
For the filling:
- 1 Cup Del Monte Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup whipped cream
- In a pan, add cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and water. Cook until it reaches thick jam
Consistency and cranberries are soft. Take it off the heat and cool. Blend it to a pulse to make the sauce. Set aside.
Also read: Party Recipes: Mexican Chicken Cheese Toast
- Preheat oven to 230º C. Grease a 17×12” baking pan, line it with parchment paper and then grease the paper.
- Separate two of the eggs, placing the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another bowl.
- To the separated yolks, add the additional 1 egg yolk, and the two remaining whole eggs.
- Now, in a small bowl sift our and the corn-starch together. Set aside
- Whisk the egg yolks using a hand blender on high speed for five minutes, or until thick, pale yellow, and puffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, half of the sifted our mixture over the beaten egg yolk mixture and fold in gently with a spatula. Sift the remaining our mixture into the batter and fold in.
- Now in a separate bowl whisk egg whites until foamy and soft peaks form.
- Sprinkle the remaining one tbsp. of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the mixture without de eating the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and when lightly pressed, springs back.
- Remove the cake from the oven, invert the cake onto a clean dish towel. Remove the parchment paper, and roll up the sponge, with the towel.
- Let sponge cool down in the towel for 5 – 10 minutes.
- To assemble the jelly roll: Unroll the sponge from the towel, spread a thin layer of whipped cream followed by a thin layer of cranberry sauce.
- Cover with a lightly moist kitchen towel and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Just before serving, dust with confectioners’ sugar. Slice and serve.
Recipe Credit: Del Monte