Sakshi Tanwar, is one of the ‘First’ Bahus of Indian Television, with immense popularity. After conquering the hearts of millions through her subtle and fantastic performance, she later on forayed into the big screen too and created a mark for herself. Her latest stint in ‘Dangal’ as the affectionate mother of Geeta and Babita has won accolades from the audience as well as critics. Today is her birthday and we wish her all the best. Below are some lesser known facts about her, let’s take a look at these…
1. She wanted to be a software engineer: But sadly, she failed her entrance examination and it was then that she decided to take up acting as a career. Thank God for that!
2. Her ‘secret’ marriage: There were lot of rumours which stated that Sakshi Tanwar had tied the knot secretly with a business tycoon. But Sakshi denied the rumours, saying, “There’s no truth in it.” Sakshi is single and believes that marriage means complementing each other, but has not found her Mr Right yet.
3. She was a trainee at Taj Palace Hotel: Sakshi Tanwar was earlier focussed on a corporate career and worked as a Sales Trainee at the Taj Palace hotel in Delhi. Sakshi even worked in a cloth and accessory store called Khazana, earning a monthly stipend of Rs 900! Sakshi revealed that she purchased a yellow and green cotton saree for herself with her first salary and also bought a few things for her father, brother and sister.
4. Her Bollywood debut: She got a golden opportunity to work with Bollywood’s Gadar Sunny Deol in Mohalla Assi wherein she played the character of Sunny Deol’s wife. The movie was supposed to release in 2012 but its release was stayed by a Delhi court for allegedly hurting religious sentiments. Mohalla Assi was leaked online in 2015. So technically, she began her movie stint with the short O Re Manvaa (2006). She later starred in CKkompany in a cameo, and in movies like Saluun and Coffee House in 2009, Aatankwadi Uncle and Bawra Mann in 2011. She also starred in the 2015 Marathi hit film Katyar Kaljat Ghusali as Nabila before wowing us in Dangal last December!
5. Her first love: She enjoys cooking vegetarian dishes and taking care of her home. In fact, the busy star does not even have a full-time maid at home!