Whether you are making eyes at some hunky guy over your latte, or on a first date with a man you think might be a keeper, you need to know how to tell if a man is interested in you. Check in using our Five Point “Is He Into Me” System – and wonder no more!
1. Read his body language: Body language is a big clue to whether or not Mr Interesting is into you. Is he leaning in while you talk? Whether it’s a subtle lead-in or even a full court press, proximity to you is a yes! So whether you are chatting with him in line for scones, or across the dinner table from him, you can casually check if he is going to the lean in or the lean back. Did his lips part when you first locked eyes? Great. Can you see that he is perched on the edge of his seat in an effort to get that much closer to you? Check.
2. Gauge His Eye Contact: If he is into you, he’ll hold his gaze steady. If the stranger at Starbucks makes consistent eye contact, give him a little something to go on. Make eye contact back! Let him know YOU are interested too, so he can come over and start up a conversation. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “the eyes are the window to the soul,” and in this case, no need to draw back any drapes! Direct eye contact is a very good sign that he is not only interested in you, but also interested in what you have to say.
3. Does he want to be near you? If you are on a date and find that he is taking every opportunity to touch you, whether it be a brush of your knee or even your elbow, he probably likes you. The “accidentally on purpose” touches are an indicator that this is a man who is into you. If you are walking through a crowd, he will help guide you by putting his arm on the small of your back or that good old elbow. He wants to take you to the next place, and make sure it is the same place he is going! Also, no other men need to apply – he is taking care of you!
4. He is mirroring you: When a man mirrors your actions, it is definitely subconscious, and a strong sign that is interested in you. Notice that he is copying your gestures at the table, brushing his hair back at the same time as you? This is a way to build rapport with you. If you change positioning a few times, and he seems to be following suit? You might be in luck that the third date WAS the charm.
5. He wants to relate to you: Men and women have to find common ground between them, so often if a man is interested in you, he will WANT to find more ways to relate to you. He will also share things with you–his experiences, his opinions. In this way, he can check in to see if you are compatible and find out if you are a match. Did he ask you to choose the next movie? Did you choose a chick flick and he is okay with it? Or maybe he wants to go with you to your next yoga class even though he says he is about as flexible as a log? Awesome–it is very likely that he is interested in getting to know you better!