The traditional “science of architecture”, Vastu Shastra is a collection of theologies for designing and more often organizing space within a building or area. Not restricted to smaller spaces, it often pertains to larger public areas and more. The knowledge is vast and ancient—in fact, some great historians even state that Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro were built keeping vastu in mind. Over the years, the expertise has been passed on from one torch-bearing generation to the other. Today, it is not a rigid code but more of a set of guidelines that you can use to enhance your lifestyles.
Also Read: 6 Ways To Make Your Home Vastu-Friendly
According to Vastu, every house has its own energy and when we start residing in a space we automatically come under the purview of that energy. Thus, living in a positivity-induced home can make a huge difference to your personal levels of happiness and serenity. Vastu Shastra has remedies for correcting energies with the help correct allocation of space and design.
Also Read: 10 Effective Vastu Tips For A Spicy Sex Life
- It is advisable to avoid empty walls at the entrance of your home since they represent a lonely household. You can place a picture of Ganesha for positivity.
- Place a decorative bowl of water or a small water fountain in the north east area to ensure no harmful energy enters your abode.
- For healthy relations among family members, place green plants in the east direction of the house or a family photograph in the southwest direction in a yellow or golden frame.
- Avoid placing mirrors on the north since it will make you worry more about your problems. Instead, place mirrors in such a way that it is not directly in front of you while lying down on the bed.
- Keep your house as clutter free as possible. Too many things encourage chaos and stress among people living in the family. Also, let go of things from the past as it stops you from welcoming your future.