Yoga is known to be the most detailed method to maintain health. Apart from its fundamental benefit of maintaining the balance between body, mind and soul, the practice of yoga has benefits for almost all bodily functions. One such is our back. In day to day life and having minimal time for self-care, we tend to miss out on our back’s welfare. A simple cramp in the back muscle can tamper with our day’s routine. So, here are 5 quick yoga poses that you can practice on daily basis to help you to take care of your back and strengthen it.
Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) And Cow Pose (Bitilasana) Combo
Benefits: These yoga poses, when practiced in combination, expand and contract the spine and the back muscles in the best manner. This gives flexibility to your shoulders, back and waist, and strengthens the Kegel muscles that contract during orgasm, hence, helps in better orgasm.
- Be on your hands and knees in a tabletop position. Make sure your thighs are at right angle to your hips, and your wrists, elbows and shoulders are in a line and perpendicular to the floor. Place your hands flat on the floor.
- As you exhale, arch your back upward. Do not move your limbs. Simultaneously, drop your chin to your chest. Do not force this action.
- Pair this with Cow Pose – while you exhale, arch your back downward and lift your chin upward. Try to look at the ceiling but do not strain your neck.
Repeat this 5 to 6 times.
Also read: 5 Easy Yoga Poses For Common Health Problems
Downward Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
Benefits: Tones the core and waist, gives a good stretch and flexibility to the muscles of the limbs, and stretches the spine and strengthens the back.
- Start with the tabletop pose. Hands should be shoulder-width apart and the knees aligned with your hands.
- Tuck in your toes.
- By pressing your hands on the floor, unfold your knees and straighten your legs, lifting your hipss upward.
- Look through the space in between your knees and relax.
Hold this pose for 4 to 5 deep breaths.
Lizard Pose (Utthana Pristhasana)
Benefits: Opens the hips, hamstrings, groin and hips flexors, strengthens the inner thigh muscles.
- Form a Downward Dog Pose.
- Bring your right foot forward to join the outer part of your right wrist.
- Bend the right knew, keeping your thigh parallel to the floor.
If possible, and for better results, lower yourself on your elbows without moving your hands.
Also read: 5 Exercises To Get The Perfect Butt
Diamond Pose (Vajarasana)
Benefits: Helps to set the spine and the back muscles and let them rest without any pressure. This also strengthens body posture.
- Start with tabletop pose. Touch your toes and thighs to each other but keep your heels apart.
- Slowly, go back to sit in between your heels and place your hands gently on your rested thighs or on your folded knees.
- Look straight and straighten your back and shoulders. Hold this pose for 4 to 5 minutes and breathe deeply.
Child Pose (Balasana)
Benefits: This pose definitely relieves one from stress and fatigue. Along with this, it also gives a good stretch to the entire back and flexes the wing muscles.
- Start with Diamond Pose
- Slowly, bend forward, lowering your forehead and exhaling as you do so. Keep arms alongside your body and make sure your palms are open and facing upward.