It is difficult to completely avoid tanning but we present some easy beauty solutions you can follow at home to de-tan your skin. To save your skin from excessive damage, avoid sun exposure between 10 am and 4 pm. If there’s no choice but to step out, cover the exposed areas of your skin with a scarf or use an umbrella. Do apply sunscreen 20–30 minutes in advance.
Also read: 4 DIY Masks For Glowing Skin
1. Apply buttermilk to your body parts that have been exposed to the sun. This will provide great relief to the burning sensation and also lighten up the tan effect, as curd has natural bleaching properties.
2. Go for a fruit or vegetable bio peel to brighten up your skin tone from within. Bleaching is a great method of lightening the tan. You may even try mild bleaches that not only remove your tan but also infuse brightness into your face.
Also read: 9 Beauty Tricks For Brides-to-be
3. A super-easy home remedy for removing sun-tan is to scrub your face with a scrub-pack. To prepare this pack, mix a teaspoon of milk with two teaspoons of oatmeal, some orange pulp and poppy seeds. Mix them together to make a thick paste, apply it all over your face and neck and leave it on till it semi-dries. Scrub it with your fingers before washing it off. The orange extract will brighten your skin tone and the milk will add an instant glow to it. You may even apply this scrub-pack every day to get faster results.
4. Another remedy for tanning is a face pack prepared by mixing two ripe strawberries, and a teaspoon of fresh honey. Smash the strawberries and mix it well; apply the mixture all over your face leave it on till it dries and then rinses it off. Strawberry is a perfect tan-removal agent while honey helps soothe the skin.
5. Waxing is another great way to remove the dead layer of the skin. There are different types of body waxes (aloe vera, chocolate, etc.) that are known to reduce the tan effect on your skin.