Now that the temperatures have started soaring, what you need in your wardrobe are dresses that are soft, simple, feminine and refreshing.
Tip # 1 – Easy does it
- Dreamy colours give the softness of hues combined with the softness of materials and equate pure luxury.
- Ice-cream shades such as mint green, cotton candy pink, powder blue and lemon sorbet bring spring into our wardrobes.
- For a darker or neutral outfit, pastel jewellery, nails or scarves give an extra kick to the outfit without being too overwhelming.
Tip # 2 – Mix and match
- A great way to give your own look to pastels is to mix it with bold metallic jewellery and accessories.
- All those skirts that were kept aside during winter can finally return to their rightful place in your wardrobe. Flouncy A-line skirts in floral patterns work especially well with a ruffle top.
- Jeans are a style staple for any season. Light and medium washes paired with a pastel tank give a fresh look for spring.
Tip # 3 Shoe trend
- Shoes in a light pink, mint green or even creamy vanilla shade will give any outfit a pop of colour that’s in trend.
- Flats can be decorative or simple, and work well with both casual and semi-dressy outfits.
- For party occasions, consider wearing that pair of kitten heel sandals that you put away for the winter.
Tip # 4 Accessorise well
- Accessories are always a great tool to experiment with new colors or styles.
- Neutral tones can be teamed with a pretty clutch or a statement necklace.
Tip # 5 Make-up chic
- With pastels, you need to keep the make-up simple. Wear a nude lipstick to give your pout a plumper finish, or keep it coral to brighten up your face.