Enjoy this healthy chicken calzone at home instead of spending a lot of money on it in a restaurant. Find the recipe below!
Also read: Lunch Special: Marble Paneer Curry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 5 pieces of chicken, cubed
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- A pinch of crushed red pepper
- 5 basil leaves
- 75 g mozzarella cheese
- ½ egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
For the dough
- 250 g flour
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lukewarm water, as required
Also read: Evening Snack: Chilli Maggi Recipe
- Mix the flour, yeast, olive oil and water and knead to form a dough. Cover with a plastic and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan, sauté the chopped onions, garlic, capsicum and tomatoes in it.
- Then add the chicken, black pepper powder, crushed red pepper, basil leaves and salt. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Make three balls with the prepared dough.
- Roll each ball and top with chicken filling mixture.
- Spread grated mozzarella cheese on top of each.
- Brush the sides of the dough with the beaten egg and fold from one side to make a half moon-shaped pizza.
- Press the edges well and brush over the top with olive well and beaten egg.
- Now bake in a pre-heated oven on 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes till the pizzas are golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.