- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup green moong dal (split green gram) , washed and drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 to 5 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 1,999.00Was: INR 2,499.00
Price: INR 286.00Was: INR 309.00
Price: Out of stock
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan.
- Add peppercorns, onions and garlic. Sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in the carrots and tomatoes, and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the dal and 4 cups of water.
- Cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Allow it to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back into the pan. Add the milk, 1 cup of water, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve immediately.
Also Read: Tea Time Snacks: Spicy Creamy Puri Recipe
Healthy Lettuce Soup
Servings – 6
- 6 cups lettuce, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add onions and lettuce and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the milk and flour. Add to the above mixture, along with 2½ cups of water.
- Cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Take off the flame, and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Blend in a mixer to form a smooth purée.
- Add the salt and pepper. Return to the pan and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Also Read: Punjabi Tadka: Lahsuni Dal-Palak Recipe
3) Clear Cauliflower, Green Pea and Cabbage Soup
Servings – 6
- 4 cups clear vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup boiled green peas
- 5 tbsp cabbage, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp carrots, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- soy sauce
- chillies in vinegar
- chilli sauce
- Combine the soya sauce and cornflour in ½ cup of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok /kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot with soya sauce, chillies in vinegar and chilli sauce.
Also Read: Rice Corner: Veg Soya Biryani Recipe
( This recipe extracted from the book Eat Right Prescription by Dr Muffazal Lakdawala)